The new destination for outsourced global business services.
Building on its world-class business environment, Rwanda is emerging as a top new sourcing destination for global business services (GBS). Within the GBS sector, Rwanda is capable of a range of services across business process outsourcing (BPO) and IT outsourcing (ITO).
Rwanda offers a compelling opportunity for top-tier international GBS operations based on three key pillars.
- Strong & reliable communications infrastructure
- 2nd in East African Community for network readiness with fast & reliable international fiber optic connectivity (BPO industry standard communication technology)
- Expansive domestic fiber optic backbone of 7,000km, reaching all districts
- 30% of Rwandans fluent in English or French and over 50,000 higher education graduates each year
- Home to many of Africa’s top STEM Universities, including Carnegie Mellon University, African Leadership University, Africa Institute of Mathematical Sciences
- Kigali offers high-quality office space in prime locations, with 9000m2 of estimated available/constructed office space
Leading outsourcing providers are already operating and serving global clients from Rwanda.
Rwanda is already home to an emerging GBS sector with 15+ leading companies providing a range of outsourced BPO and ITO services to global clients and plans to create 5,000+ seats by 2025.
Some GBS players already operating in Rwanda: